Directors Election 2024
Below are the timelines and legal requirements for the District’s Board of Directors elections. If you have any further questions please contact us here.
District Contact Information:
- Name of Political Subdivision: West Keegans Bayou Improvement District
- Mailing Address: 2929 Allen Parkway, Suite 3150, Houston, TX 77019
- Phone: (713) 489-8977
- Email Address: MCroon@JohnsonPetrov.com
Each Elected Officer of the Political Subdivision:
- Amarjit Verma
- K. Patel
- Richard Alvarado
- Dorene West
- Sheila White
Date of Next Election for Officers of the Political Subdivision:
Location of Next Election:
Requirements for Filing for Candidacy for Each Elected Office of Political Subdivision:
- Each candidate must complete an Application for a Place on the General Election Ballot. The application can be obtained from the Election Agent or from the Secretary of State’s website: www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/index.shtml (Form 2-21). The application must be notarized and the original must be received in the office of the election agent during the filing period.
- The first day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- The last day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf. The deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 4, 2024 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
- Please see the Texas Secretary of State website for additional election deadlines.
- Candidate filing materials can be found on the Texas Secretary of State and the Texas Ethics Commission websites.
Office of the Election Agent:
General Eligibility Requirements for a Candidate:
- 18 years of age on first day of term
- U.S. citizen
- Resident of Texas for one year
- Registered voter in political subdivision OR owner of property in political subdivision
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be (A) totally mentally incapacitated, or (B) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
- Acknowledge awareness of the nepotism law, Chapter 573, Government Code.
- Please see Section 54.102, Texas Water Code, and 141.001, Texas Election Code, for the eligibility requirements to serve as a director.